Friday 31 May 2013

Hoops and Crosses Lunch Box

Like most mummys I find that lunch time with a toddler can become quite repetitive, that's why when I learnt that Walkers and Tots100 had teamed up to find creative lunch box ideas I was keen to join in with the challenge!
 
This is our entry into the Tots100 #hoopsandcrosses competition.
 
 
I decided that instead of your 'ordinary' sandwich I would make Gracie some 'Mini Sandwich Kebabs'. I placed mini sandwiches, pieces of sandwich meat, cucumber, tomatoes and of course some hoops and crosses onto a skewer and rested them on a bed of lettuce. I then put the rest of the hoops and crosses into a small bowl along with some of Gracie's other favourite foods.
 
I think she was impressed as when I showed her the lunch box there was a lot of 'WOW's' and 'Mmmm's' to be heard!
 

 
Needless to say there wasn't much left at the end of lunch time :)
 

 

7 comments:

  1. Found you on Life as a mummys blog hop :) loving the sandwich kebabs, i think may have to steal this idea! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping by :) I will be visit your blog very soon! I can highly recommend the sandwich kebabs, they got a big thumbs up from Gracie! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Brilliant entry hun. I too love the sandwich kebabs. This is a good idea for both children and adults!

    Thank you for linking up with The Weekend Blog Hop

    Hope to see you again next weekend

    Laura x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the sandwich kebabs and thank you for hosting the blog hop! I will be there again next weekend :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Oh this looks great. Love the idea of using mini sandwiches. Amy always takes hers apart, so this might be a great way to stop her do that. I bet Gracie loved her lunchbox x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really did love it, when I put it in front of her she said "Oh wow!" Give it a try with Amy! xxx

      Delete
  4. Gracie looks thrilled with her lunch. Tia isn't a very big eater so I'll try the kebabs with her. Perfect for our summer packed lunches! xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...